Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

11-7: Technological research strengthens the Kingdom of God

Ransom Love's presentation on the new family history technology was very inspiring. When I was in high school there was a part of me that thought it would be nice to be a CES teacher, either in Seminary or the Institute program. Despite the fact that teaching is not the highest-paying discipline, I really felt that I could do some good in the world teaching the gospel to young people. Being here at BYU and taking some very high quality religion classes has caused that small sliver of my sub-conscious to resurface. During my time here I have been touched by the professors (not just religion professors) who are here because they want to be here and who devote themselves to building the kingdom in their own field of study, and by motivating us to do and be better. The amount of computing research and resources the church is putting into family history research has given me hope that I can still satisfy that desire to devote time and energy to the church as well as making a more comfortable living for my family. Hopefully when I have finished school I can have a little time to contribute work and research to the church, and maybe someday I will be able to teach at one of the universities belonging to the church and fulfill both of my dreams.

Comments:
define a "comfortable" living. don't forget that i must have that beach house on maui...haha, just kidding babe.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?